Buying a home?
Keep reading to learn tips about the home buying process from experienced REALTOR® Eric McCormick.
Read this before you make an offer
Buying a home can be an emotional decision, especially for First Time Home Buyers.
Too often I find that buyers focus on the aesthetics of the property and don’t ask enough questions…
Here are the Top 12 Questions every buyer should ask at an Open House:
1. Why is the seller selling the house?
2. How long has the house been on the market?
3. Have there been any offers?
What type of financing does the buyer have?
What is the Earnest Money Deposit?
Who is the loan officer?
If the selling agent thinks that the offer is really good then he will probably act confident. If the offer is just okay then he will probably encourage you to make an offer even though they have another offer in hand.
4. How old is the roof and A/C unit?
5. Does the house have any issues?
6. How much do they pay in monthly utilities?
7. Does the seller have service records for the HVAC system, pests and termites?
8. What is the seller's timeline?
Real Life Example: It was March 2014. My buyer was ready to make an offer on a house and we happened to meet the sellers after a showing. The seller had young children and the wife mentioned that they were in kindergarten. Well, my kids are older but I remember that kindergarten promotion at the end of the year is a big deal. I asked if they would be moving before the end of the school year and I could tell that this bothered her. We made an offer with a 30 day escrow and up to 60 day lease back so that the seller could stay in the house through the end of the school year. Our offer was accepted the next day.
9. How does the price compare to other homes in the neighborhood?
10. Have there been any insurance related repairs?
11. Tell me about the neighbors?
12. What is the seller looking for in an offer?
Don't Buy A Home Without Me
If you are looking for a Real Estate Professional to help you purchase the home of your dreams, give me a call. I’ll represent you through the entire transaction and provide professional consulting to help ensure you make the right decision. Call me, Eric McCormick at (559) 304-4637.