FSBO Seller's Agent
Save money on selling your home and get protection by providing the buyer with legal documents.
For Sale By Owner Assistance Program
Selling your home For Sale By Owner (FSBO) can save you money, but it can also open you up to a potential post-sale lawsuit. But, Eric McCormick with London Properties can help. With my FSBO Assistance Program, I will help you market your home to potential buyers, but most importantly, I can provide the legal paperwork and guidance to mitigate a post-sale lawsuit.
When selling your home For Sale By Owner, why have a Seller’s Agent?
Let’s get to the bottom line. Most For Sale By Owner (FSBO) Sellers are selling their house on their own because they don’t want to pay 6% commission. But, they are willing to pay a 2.5% – 3% commission. Generally, the buyer has a real estate agent and the seller agrees to pay the buyer’s agent a 2.5% – 3% commission at close of escrow to handle the required paperwork. However, the buyer’s agent has a fiduciary relationship with the buyer, not you, the seller. Real estate transaction involve a lot of money and emotions are high. The best way to manage the transaction is with legal documentation that can be provided by a real estate lawyer or a broker who represents you, the seller.
Why working with a Buyer’s Agent is potentially a bad idea
A Buyer’s Agent has a fiduciary responsibility to the buyer, not the seller. As a licensed real estate agent the Buyer’s Agent is required to make sure you understand what you are signing and to give you copies of the documents, among other things. But they are not required to “get you the best deal.” They are not obligated to look out for your best interest. Who pays for the inspections? Who pays for repairs? These are important questions.
Even more, the most difficult task of a FSBO property is marketing the property to potential buyers. A Buyer’s Agent does not help you at all in this regard. In fact, you do all of the “heavy lifting” and the Buyer’s Agent shows up to collect 3%.
However, if you have a Seller’s Agent who can help you market the property directly to buyers you have a better chance of reaching more buyers, and you have someone who is looking out for your best interest.
Eric McCormick’s “For Sale By Owner Assistance” Program
For a 3% commission* I will:
- Provide a market analysis of your home, previously sold homes, and help you determine the right selling price.
- Provide a For Sale by Owner sign and directional signs.
- Take professional photos.
- Provide flyers for drive-by customers as well as a mobile-friendly website for information on their phone.
- Provide a web page and website hosting to promote your property online.
- Market your home online to potential buyers (Please call for details. I used to list these services but I have found that other agents were “borrowing” my strategy. I have 20 years marketing experience and I’m the Digital & SEO Marketing Consultant for London Properties).
- Handle incoming phone calls and requests to show the home.
- Present all offers from Buyers
- HANDLE ALL REQUIRED PAPERWORK FOR ESCROW for both seller and buyer.
In a Seller’s Market this is a Win-Win Program.
*All real estate commissions are negotiable by law.